Saturday, December 4, 2010

Merry Christmas

I love and do not look forward to Christmas each year. The reasons why is there are so many "have-to's" christmas shopping, santa shopping, put up the tree, make shortbread cookies, think of clever gifts for extended family (not a fan) and the list goes on. Shopping for my kids for Santa is very painful. I struggle buying something that might cost a little more for their one good gift instead of the cheapy thing that won't last 3 hours. I hate spending money on SANTA!! But i love the spirit of Christmas and the nativity and the story of the birth of Christ. I love gingerbread hot chocolate, driving around to look at Christmas lights Christmas Eve, reading my children Christmas stories by tree-light each night. Well, 21 more days to go and I am determined to enjoy Christmas for what it really represents -Christ not presents.

1 comments:

Janet said...

I totally agree! I've been thinking this year about how much more I would enjoy Christmas if we could just skip presents all together (especially for the extended family). How nice would it be if we could just enjoy the fun activities, decorations, stories, goodies, etc. I really like your resolve to enjoy it and I'm inspired to do the same.